There is no evidence that GMOs will feed the world. GMO crops do not actually reduce pesticide use. The FDA does not itself test whether genetically engineered foods are safe, nor does it require independent pre-market safety testing for genetically engineered food. Any crop heavily sprayed with herbicides like glyphosate are unhealthy for those who eat those foods. Although challenging, It is possible to avoid these GMO foods.
Debunk the Lies about GMOs
There is no evidence that GMOs will feed the world. GMO crops do not actually reduce pesticide use. The FDA does not itself test whether genetically engineered foods are safe, nor does it require independent pre-market safety testing for genetically engineered food. Any crop heavily sprayed with herbicides like glyphosate are unhealthy for those who eat those foods. Although challenging, it is possible to avoid these GMO foods.
To look at GMOs and the effects they are having on the entire population around the globe should be enough to make anyone who requires food to live (which is everyone) to take notice and demand better from the big industrialized agriculture industry. How do we do this? We avoid ALL GMO food products and begin only eating NON-GMO food.
GMO is the Creation of Monsanto
...and Monsanto has had at least a part in bringing to market, some of which they still stand by to this day.
- Saccharin - an artificial sweetener that in the 1970's research revealed that it caused cancer in test rats and mice, leading it to be listed on the NIH's carcinogen list. It was later removed from the list and can be found in a lot of what we consume.
- DDT - a pesticide designed to combat malaria-transmitting mosquitoes. Banned in 1972, DDT has been linked to damaging the liver, reducing reproductive success, and causing temporary damages to the nervous system, amongst other dangers.
- Agent Orange - A herbicide/defoliant primarily used as a form of chemical warfare during the Vietnam war. Agent Orange is said to be responsible for over 400,000 deaths and 500,000 birth defects, with over a million suffering from dioxin contamination.
- RoundUp - Also known as Glyphosate, a major component of Monsanto's Roundup herbicide, which is the most widely used herbicide around the world has been linked to cancer in several studies. This chemical can cause development disorders, birth defects and cancerous tumors. This chemical is in our groundwater, soil, streams, and even in the air.
- Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) - Developed by Monsanto, is a genetically modified hormone that is injected into dairy cows to produce more milk. By artificially increasing milk production, rBGH raises levels of pus, antibiotic residues, and a cancer accelerating hormone called IGF-1. When consumed by humans it continues to act as a cancer accelerator and has been linked to breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
Case in Point...
GMOs - Monsanto lies at the foundation of these products
In the early 1990's, Monsanto began their initiatives that continue to this day under the misguided assertion that they help "feed the world." GMOs are prevalent in many crops but most notably in sugar beets, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, squash, golden rice, soybeans, salmon, and animal feeds.
From the mid-1990's to date, obesity has been on the rise and not at a slow pace, but at a very rapid pace. With obesity comes chronic illness, disease and death. Sadly, obesity affects our children and today the risk of type 2 diabetes quadruples in children who are obese.
Scientists in Norway have released results from experimental feeding studies, carried out over a ten-year period that shows a positive link between GE (genetically engineered) corn and obesity. Animals fed a GE corn diet got fatter quicker and retained the weight compared to animals fed a non-GE grain diet. The studies were performed on rats, mice, pigs and salmon achieving the same results. Read more at the cornucopia institute
Chronic illness and diseases believed to be linked to Monsanto's GMO or GE crops are then treated by the pharmaceutical industry with a pill as treatment. Not a cure or a reversal treatment, but rather a Band-Aid that prolongs the inevitable.
Former Monsanto is today known as Pharmacia LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer Inc., which operates the Pharmaceuticals Business.
What we have is a company that creates products that could be viewed as warfare against humanity, creating a global population of unhealthy and sick people. This same corporate giant then supplies those same sick people with the pills that promise to make the chronic illness or disease more livable until the illness or disease wins and ultimately claims the life of its victim. Read more about the Monsanto timeline
It's not so far-fetched to think Monsanto is playing good cop, bad cop. Being a pharmaceutical company whose products are designed to treat people who are sick, would use their chemicals company to make more people sick at an epidemic level to create a higher demand for the need of their pharmaceutical products. Make them sick to treat them with their pills.
Pfizer is an American company, one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.